Saturday, February 13, 2010

le minimalisme

if asked to describe my personal style, one word springs to mind: minimalism. I adhere to the saying that less is more, in both my style and my life.

I admire celebrities and fashion industry types who stick to this style as well.

for me, simplicity is key.

Why? Because when you keep things simple, you let the clothes speak for themselves; but they will never speak too loudly and they will never overshadow the person in them.

a simple palette of neturals, monochromatic black and gray, even in vivid colour, simplicity is always classic. from grace kelly to jackie kennedy to marilyn monroe, and even modern stars like rachel bilson, jennifer aniston and angelina jolie, minimalism is a way to portray grace and elegance, no matter what the situation.

minimalism can be modern, or it can harken back to the golden age of cinema, but no matter what, it is always in style.


some ideas for how to wear minimalism...

au naturele...



monochromatic...



en couleur...

streetstyle photos via The Sartorialist

No comments: